Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > SUPPORT : Resetting Prius warning messag...
SUPPORT : Resetting Prius warning messages?

2265 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-27 15:38:41

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter
    2015-04-03 15:38:34
     I have a request for support. Today I repaired a plugged hybrid battery pack air intake screen that was causing a message on the dash for diminished battery pack cooling. This message doesn't always set codes, so when the MaxiSYS sees no codes stored, it doesn't give the option to clear codes. I had to borrow another techs scan tool to clear codes, in order for the message on the dash to go away. Support, could you please request the engineers put a code clear option on the menus for all the makes and models so we can have a code clear option even when there are no codes.

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter
    2015-04-27 15:38:41 (Reply to:ifgshooter)
     Just a heads up for everyone. Tech support emailed me about this issue. I don'the know if they fully understood what I was trying to communicate to them, but they said they would pass it on to the engineers. They asked what would be the point of clearing codes if the MaxiSYS did not retreive any codes from the vehicle? I realize it seems remedial at first, but clearing codes also resets the on board monitors, and clears any codes that the vehicle may have but does not show on the MaxiSYS. Case in point, the Prius I was working on had a fault message, and if my Toyota Techstream wasn't out for repair, would have shown the possible code and/or sub-code causing the message to pop up on the driver information center, and been able to clear code/message.  I'm not knocking my tool, I really love my MaxiSYS. I realize that no aftermarket scan tool is perfect. Just saying that it needs a little spit and polish from time to time. It still does more than any of my other scan tools ever dreamed of.

Total1 Pages